The World Jigsaw Puzzle Federation is an association of legal bodies with an interest in jigsaw puzzles. Only one organization per country can belong to the WJPF. The WJPF follows the Olympic standard in what constitutes a country. Information on present members, criteria for membership, benefits of membership and how to join, is to be found in the Member's Section.
Goals of the World Jigsaw Puzzle Federation are:
- To organize and supervise the World Jigsaw Puzzle Championship (WJPC) and other activities.
- To achieve the acknowledgment of jigsaw puzzle competitions as a sport.
- To establish a standard on regulations for jigsaw puzzle competitions and other issues about their organization to be taken into consideration.
- To promote the foundation of National Associations capable of organizing contests and bringing together jigsaw puzzlefans in their country.
- To foster friendship among jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts world-wide.
- To stimulate innovations in the field of jigsaw puzzles.
Since 2021 the Federation is partner of the Guinness World Records, advising, verifying and endorsing world records in jigsaw puzzles section.
President: Alfonso Álvarez-Ossorio
Vicepresident: D'Arne Healy